Seattle Metropolitan Elections Committee (SEAMEC) is a non-partisan civic organization that rates candidates running for political and judicial office in Seattle, King County, and the State of Washington. SEAMEC evaluates candidates on their knowledge of, record of proven activism for, and commitment to the concerns of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered (GLBT) communities. SEAMEC publishes its ratings in advance of the primary and general elections, so that voters can make an informed choice. SEAMEC invites you to participate in the interview process.
- SEAMEC is always on the lookout for a more diverse steering committee. We especially need women and people of color. Help us shape our policies! Please consider joining our steering committee.
- Become a member. Support our efforts to collect candidate data and publish it to the community.
- Help us out by volunteering. Membership, donations and active participation are welcomed and encouraged. If you appreciate this information, please consider making a generous donation to SEAMEC.
- Keep Informed with SEAMEC: be on our mailing list.
- Do you have information that SEAMEC ought to know? Keep us informed.